Email Your Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stocker Position Description
|Title: ||Stocker ||Days Off: || Varies|
|Department: || Varies ||Status: || Non-Exempt|
|Reports to: ||Stocking Clerk Lead || || |
The primary responsibility of the Stocking Clerk is to sort, store, and distribute sales floor merchandise. The Stocking Clerk will stock shelves, racks, and tables. This position works under moderate supervision and must work closely with other employees as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Freight – Deliver freight to appropriate department. Stock incoming freight neatly and within appropriate location codes. Place top stock directly above product in an orderly fashion with SKU facing outward on product. Ensure all incoming stock is put away in a timely manner to ensure easy access. Perform major down-stocking once a week.
- Equipment – Operate equipment including, but not limited to, power pallets, manual pallets, hand trucks, compactors and forklifts as needed.
- Customer Service – Provide McLendon Hardware’s legendary customer care through courteous, efficient, and attentive service in a timely manner. Obtain and provide Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for customers, as needed. Use excellent customer service to deter and prevent shoplifting.
- Safety – Maintain a safe sales floor by securing racks and shelves, stocking heavy items on bottom shelves, securing merchandise and making sure lids are tight. Recognize and resolve safety issues in a timely manner.
- Inventory Control – Report department inventory concerns, including stock shrinkages, outs and overages to Stocking Clerk Lead and Department Lead. Communicate inventory issues to Stocking Clerk Lead and/or Management.
- Housekeeping – Remove, break down and recycle empty boxes from all areas. Perform general housekeeping/janitorial duties including, but not limited to, keeping store free of debris and litter, removing and disposing of unwanted or useless materials, dusting merchandise on shelves, sweeping floor areas, etc. Ensure empty pallets are neatly stacked in designated area.
- Assist customers, as needed, by answering questions and directing them to the appropriate department or Sales Clerk.
- Merchandise recovery.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the ability to perform assigned duties according to time schedules and deadlines.
- Must have the ability to stand, climb, bend, and lift merchandise of up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to effectively use a hand truck, pallet jack and ladder.
- Must have basic computer knowledge, including Email.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others as a team.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have basic math skills.
- Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.
- NA (Not Applicable)
- Seldom (1-10% of the time)
- Occasional (10-30% of the time)
- Frequent (30-70% of the time)
- Constant (over 70% of the time)
|Activity ||Frequency ||Activity ||Frequency|
| || || || |
|Sitting ||Seldom ||Climbing ladders ||Frequent|
|Standing ||Constant ||Working at heights/balancing ||Frequent|
|Walking ||Frequent ||Bending/twisting at waist ||Frequent|
|Driving/Forklift ||Seldom ||Kneeling/Squatting/Crouching ||Occasional|
|Lifting <25# ||Frequent ||Crawling ||Seldom|
|Lifting 25-50# ||Frequent ||Reaching above shoulder ||Occasional|
|Lifting >50# ||Occasional ||Repetitive hand/arm movement ||Occasional|
|Carrying <25# ||Frequent ||Handling/Grasping ||Frequent|
|Carrying 25-50# ||Frequent ||Fine finger manipulation ||Frequent|
|Carrying >50# ||Occasional ||Seeing ||Constant|
|Pushing/Pulling ||Frequent ||Hearing ||Constant|
|Climbing stairs ||Seldom ||Talking ||Frequent|
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
McLendon Hardware, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization, committed to building a diverse team equipped with the knowledge sets and skills needed to provide Legendary Customer Service to each of our customers.